PDA

View Full Version : Sanderling w/ Clam

Neil Knapp
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi everyone, first post, great to be here & thanks for having me.

This was one of my favs from last summer, at Nickerson Beach, NY. I was there photographing skimmers, but this little fellow was just irresistible.

MkIII
100-400L w/2x @570mm handheld
f7.1 +2 stops for converter
1/800sec
ISO800
Flash

Thanks for looking.

http://www.d-v-tech.com/images/MIIINew/1X5V6323.jpg

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Welcome Neil :)

Very painterly, clean and well lit.
Only wish for a lower angle.

Great to have you, hope you enjoy your BPN experience :)

Alfred Forns
01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I like the image very much It is side lite and works well Behavior is also a plus Bird would look even better with the head more parallel to the plane and not sure if you could have move around to do away with the rock on the bg !!! Very pleasing image !!!!

Real nice to have you over Neil

Glenn Bartley
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I really like the feeding behaviour. The catch light looks a bit off to me? Was it added? Also I would like to see some more space to the right.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Happy new year!

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Welcome Neil to BPN.

The behavioral action the you cacptured in this image is wonderful and I too like images with side lighting but I find that my eye is being drawn back to the rock which is behind. The detail is excellent and my only wish would be for just a little more head turn.
Look forward to seeing your future posts Neil and alll the best in 2008.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 08:02 AM
Great interaction here Neil. Also nice subject. It is a little tight in the frame for my liking and the rock? in the right BG is a little distracting for me.

Welcome to BPN and I look forward to more of your posts!

Mark Wilson
01-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I love the interaction of the Sanderling and the clam. My first reaction was for a lower angle but then I think that may lose some of the interest with the shell...