PDA

View Full Version : Tigress in grassland

Sabyasachi Patra
06-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I had photographed this tigress in Bandhavgarh National Park, India. I saw the bushes on both sides and went ahead with a centred composition. When the tigress was approaching this bushes I thought whether to click in vertical or not. Then decided to go ahead with the horizontal.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII ie. at 800mm, ISO 200, f9, 1/500 sec.

Look forward to your comments and critiques.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Todd Frost
06-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Very nice image, love the habitat. Agree with your thoughts of center comp with the large bunch grass. Would have been nice to get both horiz and vert but not always possible. Like it as presented.

Todd

Steve Canuel
06-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I think you made the right choice with the centered comp. The clumps of grass and the tiger are all pretty evenly spaced across the frame. Color and sharpness look good. I personally like a browser crop of some off the top.

Fabs Forns
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Composition works for me, Sabyasachi, although centered works best in vertical compos, this one seems to hit the nail in the head with the bushes on the side. I am happy we are getting a lot of tigers in Wildlife, such a pleasure to see :)

Stu Bowie
06-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Saby, nicely framed between the the two tuffs of grass. I like the eye contact, sharp, with well exposed colours, and she stands out so well from the grassland. I would take a bit off the top. I like these images when the BG is uniform for the subject to stand out. Well done.

Morkel Erasmus
06-16-2009, 03:18 AM
great shot in her environment! I would also cut some off the top - make it a pano crop. you got her pin sharp.