PDA

View Full Version : The beach

José Rodríguez
06-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Summer is coming, and this shot reminds me how sweet it will be :-)
Fuerteventura (Canary Islands)

Cámara: Nikon D40
Exposición: 0,001 sec (1/800)
Aperture: f/5,6
Lente: 200 mm
Velocidad ISO: 200
Tendencia de exposición: 2/3 EV

Morkel Erasmus
06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
just love the colour of the water! the shot would be much improved IMHO by adding a bit of canvas left and right, just feels a bit tight around the edges.

Paul Marcellini
06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
A little more room would be great but this is a very nice image. I really like the layers, the color contrasts, and the placement of the rock and chairs. The layers are essentially quarters of the image, so maybe mixing it up a bit by cropping some of the sky might be nice.

Robert Amoruso
06-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Pauls got it right on all counts. More room on the left and right would have made this perfect.

Roman Kurywczak
06-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi Jose,
You use layers very effectively here and I also agree on a bit more room....but for me I am OK with the right .....just more on the left......about equal. I suspect there were more chairs in that direction so you had to choose a place to cut it off. The light may be a bit bright for me but you did capture the feel of summer quite nicely.

Richard Lovison
06-16-2009, 12:04 PM
I also like this image with its layers and summer feel though I agree there needed to be a bit more room on the left.

Another thought I would like to add is that the depth of field seems to be a bit shallow for an image of this type. By limiting the depth of field to the foreground you are focusing the attention on the group of rocks and I feel it needs to be extended throughout all the layers in the photograph.

José Rodríguez
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Really quality feedback. I have to agree on more room :-)
Roman , you´re right, more chairs on the left.
Richard, you're right also. I think a complete DOF (bigger f stop) would compliment better the image.
This kind of feedback really makes you think about what yo did, so you can improve in similar situations.
Thanks all!