PDA

View Full Version : Lily Pad

Mike Fuhr
06-14-2009, 07:49 PM
I took this the other day -- I wanted some interesting reflection behind the lily. I'm not sure if I like this one or not. Wish I had more of the fluffy clouds to give it more of that heavenly feel...

Nikon D50
1/250
F/13
18-55mm
55mm
ISO 200

Richard Lovison
06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
I like the composition and serene feel to this image. My only objection is to the multitude of particles floating in the water that distract from the overall beauty ... easily taken care of with the healing brush or the clone tool.

massimomossi
06-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I, too, like this image very much--I don't miss the fluffy clouds at all. And I agree that the extra bits floating around are distracting; so is that stem that seems to come out of the center of the leaf--can you clone that out too?

This is worth going back and taking over and over again in different light conditions; the concept is strong.

Massimo

Julie Kenward
06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Beautiful image, Mike. I think you should definitely spend the time getting rid of the little distractions in this image because wow...does it have great possibilities. I'd also look at raising the midtones just a bit in the ULC cloud and maybe in the area around the pad.

Lovely composition and feel to this one. I really like it.

Mike Moats
06-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey Mike, a really great image and agree the only thing I would change is removing the particles in the water and on the lily pad. Well done.

Mike Fuhr
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm going to remove the floating debris in this one and go back and experiment more...