PDA

View Full Version : Wood Stork

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Just arrived in Florida for two months and went out shooting to get some more experience with my Nikon D3. I found this Wood Stork in a tree and shot from directly under the bird using Arties bean bag (my I say one of the best items I have ever purchased). Shooting data 200-400mm lens, w/1.7x extender, f/10 @ 1/320 +.67exp. ISO-200, aperture priority, matrix metering. Image was taken at med day and the light was quite contrasty. Criticism is welcome.

Fabs Forns
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
You did good with the whites considering he harsh light. The crop feels a little awkward to me because of it being so close to the ankle.
I would have tried a vertical crop. even ow, if you do take some off the left, the compo may improve.

Thanks for sharing!

Maxis Gamez
02-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Excellent exposure control. However I think vertical would work better for this image.

Wheeler McDougal Jr.
02-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Thank you both for your comments. The problem I have is there was no room in the original image as I have included without editing just conversion to JPG from NEF. Any suggestions for this, having seen the original with it's warts. Thanks again.