PDA

View Full Version : Spotted Deer - Cheetal

Kiran Khanzode
06-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Just came back from a wildlife trip to India, was searching mostly for Tigers ( didn't get many, sadly). The daytime temperatures were usually above 110+F, but it was a fun experience visiting these places in the peak of summer and meeting some friends and family.

Took this image right after it rained one evening in Kanha National Park. The sun had come out for about 20 mins right before setting, I was looking for a subject desperately.

Techs: EOS 40D, 300 2.8 IS, 2.8, ISO 640, 1/5000, Av mode, beanbag, full frame.

PP in ACR and CS3 included: Contrast, Gaussian Blur, Sharpness.

C & C is most welcome, thanks for looking !

Regards,

Kiran

Harshad Barve
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
This is so good
lift in front leg , looks in eyes & awesome light makes this so beautiful
Thanks for sharing
Harshad

Todd Frost
06-14-2009, 11:56 PM
Very nice image. Beautiful light, exposure and detail. If anything a little more room in front and below would be nice but like it as posted.

Todd

Alfred Forns
06-15-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Kiran It is a lovely image with great light !! Animal looking at you sharp and well exposed !!

Agree with comments, you normally want more from in front (direction of movement) than behind. Image feels a little tight btw PS wise you could increase the contrast just a tad but do like the overall feel very much !! Excellent !!!

Stu Bowie
06-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Kiran, sweet light, which has brought out lovely warm colours. Sharp with good detail. I like the slightly raised foot. Comp wise, I would move back to the left a bit, and clone out the grass at the back of his neck and tail.

Kiran Khanzode
06-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Thank you all for the great comments and the suggestions for improvement ! Will definitely make those edits and remember to leave space in the front (the next time). I could definitely extend the canvas....but am not too good at that yet :).

Thanks,
Kiran

Steve Canuel
06-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Great profile pose, nice light, and good detail. Centered comp mentioned.

Fabs Forns
06-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Kiran, very sweet capture in good light, with excellent detail. Suggestions about placement seem sound and I thank you for sharing this one. I am very happy to have you here and enjoy your wonderful images :)

Sabyasachi Patra
06-16-2009, 02:03 AM
Kiran,
Nice image. I agree with comments regarding more space in front and a bit at the bottom. Why f2.8 and 1/5000? Ofcourse, the deer is parallel to the image plane and your focus appears to be on the body. So you have missed out a bit on the head is it is ahead of your plane of focus. Reducing the colour temperature a bit would help.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi