PDA

View Full Version : Greater Flamingo

Harshad Barve
06-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Dear All
Taken near City Dam area with Nikon D300, 600MM, ISO 200,
This is a full frame shot .Greater Flamingos breeds in Gujarat & widespread visitors of plains.

Ali C & C welcome & appreicated

Harshad <!-- / message -->

Kiran Poonacha
06-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Beautiful Harshad... Loved the colours, expo and pose. I would prefer a more off centre placement of the subject.. nevertheless I loved the image..

Kobus Tollig
06-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Nice pose and well exposed. Just watch the sharpening halos. Well done here

Mital Patel
06-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Ok. this is a fantastic light and good pose and colors.
My only suggestion is to reduce the sharpness as the halos are clearly visible.

Harshad Barve
06-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Hi Mital & Kobus
I too felt that this is tad oversharpned
Posting other version let me know how it looks now
Harshad

Mital Patel
06-14-2009, 04:51 AM
much much better now. i would suggest you to do CCW rotation 2/3%

Harshad Barve
06-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Another correction Mital
Is it ok now
Harshad

Arthur Morris
06-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Hard to tell which is level.... IAC, getting much lower here, right on the ground if possible, would have provided a purer background. Love the bird and the EXP. The bill tip is farther away from the imaging sensor than the eye. Best would be for those distances to be the same so that the head would perfectly parallel the imaging sensor.

Harshad, Out of curiosity, are you a member? (Where your names appears it says "Save to Shoot" rather than BPN Member or Forum Participant.)

Harshad Barve
06-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Dear Arthur

First of all ' Happy Birthday to you '
My image sensor was in level with neck start
Which level I should use ?
Harshad

Stu Bowie
06-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Super pose Harshad, with good exposure and colours. I would maybe move him to the right a bit, and add some space to the left, and at the bottom for the rest of the virtual legs.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I like the pose, eye contact and less sharpened version looks good. Maybe a bit more room for the 'virtual feet' and I would put the bird a bit further to the right in the frame.

Indranil Sircar
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Beautiful colors on the feathers. Excellent exposure.

Arthur Morris
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Dear Arthur, First of all ' Happy Birthday to you ' My image sensor was in level with neck start Which level I should use ? Harshad

Thank you sir. I am 63 today. And thanks for your membership support. (I learned that only members can have nicknames :))

For this image in particular, I would have gotten right down on the ground if possible, even taking the lens off any type of mount or tripod head. That would have eliminated the one and one-half brown bands in the water... It may have, however, totally changed the BKGR and thus the image....

Ramon M. Casares
06-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I still see some sharpnening halos in the bill, head, neck and belly, but overall I like the pose, BG, light, detail and colors. Congratulations!