PDA

View Full Version : Giant Taffy Pull 1

John Lowin
06-13-2009, 11:20 PM
This image was created in the Upper Antelope Canyon. No enhancing filter, and no warming filter were used in this capture. It was shot 2/3 stop underexposed. This is an old slide scan so no exposure information is available. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

Nikon F5
Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S
Kodak E100 VS
Gitzo 1228 CF Tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ballhead
Electronic Shutter Release

Arthur Morris
06-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I like this one a lot, esp. the pano crop, the textures, and the EXP. I think that I would prefer a bit more of the dark along the left side.

Roman Kurywczak
06-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey John,
I just might get Artie here more often.....his assesment on a bit more of the dark on the left is right on. Other than that... another fine one and very well seen. Excellent on the exposure handling too!

Robert Amoruso
06-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I would agree that some more base on the left of the darker part of the canyon would be preferrable. Good vertical flow works well for this vertical pano.

John Lowin
06-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks for your comments. Here is a repost, let me know if you feel it's an improvement. - John

I like this one a lot, esp. the pano crop, the textures, and the EXP. I think that I would prefer a bit more of the dark along the left side.

Arthur Morris
06-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Even though you did not add a ton, I feel that the repost is far stronger.

Dave Mills
06-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi John, I also felt more room was needed on the foreground rock on the left.IMO I would take out the whitish area on the upper left of the repost...

John Lowin
06-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Even though you did not add a ton, I feel that the repost is far stronger.

Thanks for your comments. To tell you the truth, the original post had all there was on the left. The repost actually has the same structure from another image, that I flopped horizontally and cloned in place. Thanks again. Much appreciated. - John

John Lowin
06-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi John, I also felt more room was needed on the foreground rock on the left.IMO I would take out the whitish area on the upper left of the repost...

Hi Dave, I just darkened it a bit. New repost.

Dave Mills
06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Hi John...I liked your first repost better with the elimination of the whitish area in the upper left as you showed in the second repost. As one who has shot slot canyons you did an excellent job capturing the tonalities and color variations that are present...

Jackie Schuknecht
06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Lovely colours and textures on this one, agree with Dave about toning down the white on the ULC. Beautiful shot, has a calm, mesmerizing feel to it.