PDA

View Full Version : Bison calf

Todd Frost
06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
This bison calf was being stalked by a hungry coyote in Yellowstone. We were stopped by a lady thinking that we may be park rangers due to the 4X4 we were driving and asked us to save the calf. She wanted to throw it in here van and take it to a ranger station. We informed here that would be a serious violation of park rules and to let nature be. We looked next am and no sign of it or remains so momma may have saved it.

D300, 80-400vr @ 80, 1/100, f5.6, fill flash, man exp, awb, iso1600.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.

Todd

Arthur Morris
06-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Interesting story. Much less flash would likely have been better. A crop from the bottom to the bottom of the letters in your signature would tighten it up a bit and eliminate most of the rock (???)

Stu Bowie
06-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Young ones are always vunerable to the elements. So small now, but I know how large these guys can grow too. The lower rock doesnt distract, and I like the melting snow on his body.

Arthur Morris
06-14-2009, 05:51 AM
ps: Looking back at this one I forgot to mention that lightening the head would likely improve it.

Steve Canuel
06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Cute little calf. Looks cold and vulnerable. This seems a bit over contrasty to me. Not sure if its the flash or the surroundings (snow and dark branches). I'm ok with the bottom rock, seems to balance the bigger one to me.