Paul Ricciardi
06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Camera: Olympus E-1
Exposure: 1/2000
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 390 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Been nearly a year since I really did any serious wildlife photography and about 3 months since I visited the forum. Slowly getting back into it.

Image taken last summer, never really did anything with the image despite always liking it.
Feel like maybe the composition could be improved had I placed the bird more off center. Let me know what you think,
Thanks
Paul

Dave Leroy
06-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I can see why you like it Paul. It is a very nice photo. I agree about being too centred though. I am just not sure whether bird would look best up or down on the left side. It also looks like the cattail may have a bit of colour, which might be nice if it was brought out. Looking forward to more. Dave

Alfred Forns
06-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Hi Paul You do have a different style and I like it !!!

Would place the bird more to the left and lower Maybe this would have worked stronger as a vertical? Do like the mood and the fact your going for small birds in frame with environment !!! I like it a lot !!!

Ramon M. Casares
06-13-2009, 10:01 AM
Love the mood here, backlight works beautifuly and enviroments ads a lot to the scene, I would go for something more like this though, probably underexposing and selecting Shadow-WB would have been a good choice IMO. I would also suggest to de-center the bird too.
Congratulations!