PDA

View Full Version : Firebush

Harold Davis
06-12-2009, 01:50 PM
i posted this a few days ago in the ETL forum. took the advice and worked on it. my first try at macro photography. after seeing some of the other posts in this forum, i definitely have a lot to learn.

D300, Sigma 150, f/2.8, 1/800s, 0EV, ISO 640, handheld

comments welcome and appreciated.

Mike Moats
06-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey Harold, nice group and good focus on the flower tips. Not crazy about the color of the BG, but you have to take what you get to work with.

Julie Kenward
06-12-2009, 08:29 PM
I've never seen a firebush before! Neat!

Harold, I'd consider taking the dark green on the right side down to the lightness of the green at the bottom to keep it from being so overpowering. Also, I think the comp would be even stronger with more separation between the two opened flowers and the two unopened buds just to the upper left of them. Nice diagonal placement of the limb and you know I love your choice of aperture!

Gordon Craig
06-13-2009, 07:32 AM
I really like the "pop-out" effect you got with the flowers. I have been doing some similar experimenting myself to get this effect with open aperture settings. I agree with Jules about the background.

Danny Laredo
06-13-2009, 08:35 AM
I really like the DOF in this image. Lovely colors as well.

Anita Bower
06-13-2009, 03:43 PM
I like the composition and narrow DOF. The only distraction for me is the sharp line between the tan and green BG in upper left.