PDA

View Full Version : Reedy River Falls, Falls Park, Greenville, South Carolina, USA

Bruce Murden
06-12-2009, 01:22 PM
While driving in the SE, picking waypoints on my way home, I sought waterfalls in South Carolina (they are generally in the NW corner of the state). One was located in the city of Greenville, and I was impressed when I found Falls Park, right downtown. The park includes several groomed gardens, walkways, grassy areas, a small stage for music & plays... and a cool waterfall! There is a smaller cascade fall downstream, still in the park. This view is from a curving pedestrian bridge that crosses the river and overlooks the park.

Nikon D80, Tamron 17-50 @ 32mm, ISO 100, f/13, 0.5 sec, tripod

Roman Kurywczak
06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey Bruce,
not the biggest fan of all the people....but it is a drivethrough.....so you did nicely composing it. I have explored a few possible crops......but i feel this presentation captures the area well and shows us the endless possibilities.....especially B4 sunrise.....as they wait to get up.

thijs broekkamp
06-13-2009, 06:28 AM
The people and the fences are not that nice in the pic, and i think it's not sharp anywhere either.

Arthur Morris
06-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi Bruce, I agree with all of the comments above. I think that it would benefit from additional sharpening (unless it was not properly focused). Best would be to work much tighter and/or to get there pre-dawn. IAC, I would strive to create and image without the fences and without the people. EXP is good and the water dreamy.

Robert Amoruso
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I am in agreement with the other comments. Faced the same problem in Great Smoky Mtn. NP. Get there early and work the details as I am sure you know. If the sharpness is there, makes a great travel pic.