06-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Dear all

Taken at Bandhavgarh National Park , Madhya Pradesh , India
With D300, 600mm, ISO 800 at F7.1,
C & C most welcome & appreciated

Harshad <!-- / message -->

Arthur Morris
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Good job of witing for the head turn. Even though there seems to be some o-o-f stuff at the bottom, this needed to be a VERT (with the tiger on the right side of the frame) as it is too, too tight on the bottom.

Stu Bowie
06-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Harshad, I like the detail and colours in this, together with the head turn. Here is my version. Unfortunately, I dont have much to work with at the bottom, but I really like your OOF BG.

Danny Laredo
06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Nice capture Harshad. Too bad for tthe lack of space at the bottom

Fabs Forns
06-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Beautiful head turn, I like the inclusion of the trees and touch of green suggesting the environment. I prefer the original with more room at bottom, even if it is OOF.

Harshad Barve
06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Dear All
Thanks a lot for all useful tips
Posting here original RAW frame
I know that bottom is too tight but cant help
Imagine you are looking at tiger who is standing in 8 inch bowl & top edge of bowl is bottom line in this image & cant shoot Bowl as it is invisible
I hope my english is good enough to explain
will appreciate all help in compostions.
Thanks
Harshad

Robert Amoruso
06-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Harshad,

You did good getting the tree out of the BG. Vertical crop is a good choice here. Good depth of field on the tiger.
<!-- / message -->

Sabyasachi Patra
06-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Harshad,
I agree that vertical would have been a better choice here. In this case a higher shooting angle would have been better as the legs would have been revealed. Good job of aligning the tree to the right side of the frame. Personally, I feel it is better to mention if there is any cropping or cloning done. Look forward to more.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi