PDA

View Full Version : Bee fly...

Karl Günter Wünsch
06-12-2009, 04:59 AM
http://www.lithos-mineralien.de/naturescapes/wollschweber_281-fc.jpg
Canon 50D, Tokina 100mm f/2.8 @ f/10, 1/3 Second, ISO 400, Tripod, MLU. (Dust specks removed, slight crop and resized), Tarn Gorge near Les Vignes, Dept. Lozere, France.

Steve Maxson
06-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Spectacular, Karl. These almost look like mirror images of each other. Good job getting both in focus (I can't get even one of these to sit still for me). Nice background too - though I would clone out the distracting white area in the lower right corner.

Bruce Murden
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Nice job capturing this quick guys! I agree with Steve that the LR white is distracting. I'd also consider cropping a little off the right only (keep the rest of the frame as is), to take away some of the balance in the frame. It would give a different mood, changing the feeling from a meeting or conversation of the flies to a tug of war for the stem.

Thanks for sharing!

Julie Kenward
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Agree with the others - my feeling on this is also that it would have made a nice vertical crop if you had more stem down below. As is, I feel like it got chopped because it is wider than it is tall. Still, what a neat image and the BG is so perfect with this, fitting the light tonal range and blending right in.

Lose that white at the bottom and you've got a great photo!

Harold Davis
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
this is too cool...almost a mirror reflection! agree with the others about the white on the bottom. the light in this is fantastic. well done, karl!!

Mike Moats
06-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey Karl, way to cool, great find and would clone the hot spot in the LRC and it would be perfect.

Gordon Craig
06-13-2009, 10:48 AM
This is a fantastic shot. I agree with the others about cloning the light out on the lower right.