View Full Version : New Canon 1DMIII Fix

Bob Ettinger
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
From Rob Galbraith

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-8740-9068-9264

Maybe they will get it right this time.

Alfred Forns
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Very glad to hear !!!!! Will be significant The MK3 is a significant camera as far as quality is concern Once the AF is consistently good it will take its rightful place This does gives me a chuckle all the previous debate about good bodies and bad bodies?

Pete Woods
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Didn't know my camera still had problems :eek: ;) :D

and I thought it was just me...... now I can blame the camera :D ..... Who am i trying to fool it's me :) ;)

Gyorgy Szimuly
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
After being familiar with this problem for more than half a year we still read comemnts like this 'maybe this time...'. It is unbelievable from such a large company how they play with their clients. No question to switch to NIKON.:eek::confused::(
Szimi

Bob Ettinger
02-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Very glad to hear !!!!! Will be significant The MK3 is a significant camera as far as quality is concern Once the AF is consistently good it will take its rightful place This does gives me a chuckle all the previous debate about good bodies and bad bodies?

Al,

You are correct but that means it has taken Canon almost 1 year to fix a problem which according to them did not exist. Black is getting better looking all the time. But then you know that. :D

Charles Glatzer
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM
You all know what happens if you keep a tourniquet on too long!!!!!!!!!

Chas

Art Peslak
02-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Of couse this had to be leaked just when i put my Mark III's up for sale on ebay.

Bob Ettinger
02-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Of couse this had to be leaked just when i put my Mark III's up for sale on ebay.

Canon wants you to stay on the white side :D

Bonnie Block
02-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Interesting, Bob--I am happy with my camera since its return from the first "fix" anything more will be gravy for me.
I am getting the best images I have ever taken with it.

Alfred Forns
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Art if you look at both right now D3 and Mk3 Aside from the AF issue there are many things that make it a more desirable camera

51 Point AF that you can move one point in any direction including diagonally
Easy to see histogram in bright light
Cleaner ISO
Better ergonomics
Edge in AF performance
Having the 200-400 available

Lots more but just touched on a few I have been very happy since my switch and gad I did When I made my decision back in September I was aware a solution to the MK3 had to be found Never thought it would take this long!!!! I got to use over twenty Mk3 (from different persons) and did not find a single one that was performing as it was advertised Actually there were several owners said focused perfectly and when (I tried) shooting flight sequences they were not

Any way this time I feel the camera will be fixed and will perform as good as the MK2n The image quality from these 14 bit cameras is amazing !!!!

Art Peslak
02-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Art if you look at both right now D3 and Mk3 Aside from the AF issue there are many things that make it a more desirable camera

51 Point AF that you can move one point in any direction including diagonally
Easy to see histogram in bright light
Cleaner ISO
Better ergonomics
Edge in AF performance
Having the 200-400 available

Lots more but just touched on a few I have been very happy since my switch and gad I did When I made my decision back in September I was aware a solution to the MK3 had to be found Never thought it would take this long!!!! I got to use over twenty Mk3 (from different persons) and did not find a single one that was performing as it was advertised Actually there were several owners said focused perfectly and when (I tried) shooting flight sequences they were not

Any way this time I feel the camera will be fixed and will perform as good as the MK2n The image quality from these 14 bit cameras is amazing !!!!

Thanks Alfred. I had a D3 Delivered with the 200-400 this week.
My fixed mark iii and the blue dot Mark iii just plain would not hold focus for birds in flight. It looked better in the viewfinder like it was locking focus but the focus would oscillate in and out of focus when I looked at the images on the computer. I made my decision to go back to black before this announcement and I am not going to wait another 3 or 4 months to see if canon really has the answer this time.