PDA

View Full Version : Review of the New Apex Bean Bag

jpons
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Folks,

Check out the review I just posted of the new Apex Bean Bag.
http://wildnaturephoto.com/2009/06/11/review-apex-bean-bag-from-essential-photo-gear/

Let me know what you think.

-J

Alfred Forns
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi Juan I like the versatility being able to use the a head seems like a good idea and without it not bad at all !! Loading is easy !!!

... excellent links worth taking a look !!! Thanks

Bill Bryant
06-14-2009, 08:18 AM
I like the versatility of having the hight adjustments, and the easy fill. However, I think I will prefer to keep it simple (KISS), and just rest the lens on the bag directly. The problem as you describe is that sometimes the "lift" is not adequate depending upon the vehicle and the seat/door frame distance. I can tell you from a chilly experience that it is not a good idea to simple raise the window, and place the bag on the raised window instead of the door frame... the electric window hinges on very small nylon runners, and break easily ($230 to replace after the chilly ride home).

It seems to me that a simple solution would be for a bag that has one or two "optional" lift bags that you can fill with seed in the same way, and that would simply velcro onto the top of the primary bag giving you more lift, thus allowing you to "adjust" for the vehicle you are driving.

Apex, if you are listening, no charge for the idea, but you can send me a free sample.