PDA

View Full Version : Sela Lake at 13700 feet

Harshad Barve
06-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Dear All
This is Sela Lake at Sela Pass in Arunachal Pradesh, India , at 13,700 feets.
This is second heightest motorabale road in world.
This lake remains frozen for most of the time. Temp was -15 deg celcius when image was made.
Intersting atmosphere there, Sun beats you from top and chilly winds of -15 deg tears off your skin.
D40X, 18-55 Nikon at 18MM, F10, ISO 100

All C & C welcome & appreciated

Harshad

Roman Kurywczak
06-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Hi Harshad,
Very interesting place and unusual that you can take a vehicle up there. I would have preferred an earlier time of day or later.....as the sun appears quite harsh.....but given that, I think you handled the exposure nicely. I like the inclusion of the snow in the FG and the way the lake makes an interesting bowl.....but mostly because of the light, it appears a bit flat in the snow and lacks some texture. The compositional flow here is nice.....just wish for a bit better light.

Robert Amoruso
06-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Harshad,

I am going to disagree with Roman here in the FG snow which is obviously snow plow embankment due to the road gravel. This is not very attractive. Please see the post after yours by John Lowin at http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38513. He has the same high contrast scene but because of all the detail in the image, I feel it works as it gives the viewer visual interest. I agree with Roman here that the flat look to the snow does not show and texture or detail.

Looking forward to more images. I see you have a blog mentioning tigers. Please post in WIldlife if you have not already done so. Thanks for positng.