Dear All
This image made at Shalimar Garden in Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India
D40X , ISO 400, 70-300MM at F5.6
Dont know name of flower
All C & C welcome & appreciated

Harshad

Anita Bower
06-11-2009, 04:41 PM
This looks like a fluffy Dandelion gone to seed. They are fun to photograph.

The BG behind the Dandelion is nicely blurred and a great color, causing the Dandelion to stand out. In the future, you might consider moving out of the way such things as the curved blade of grass that cuts through behind the lower part of the flower, as it is distracting. Cropping on both sides to eliminate the mostly in focus grasses would help focus attention of the flower.

Keep photographing!

Julie Kenward
06-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Harshad, I really like your detail and sharpness in this. Agree with Anita that a crop on both sides to eliminate some of the dark negative space would strengthen the composition. I'm undecided about the bent grass...normally I'd say move it next time but I kind of like it here. Good job exposing for the whites - they seem perfectly exposed.

Mike Moats
06-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Harshad, good details and contrast on the dandelion. My suggestion would be to clone out the small grass entering the frame on the right side above the center line. I would also clone out the grass in the lower left corner. For me I don't mind the long blade running behind the head.