PDA

View Full Version : Crested Serpant Eagle ( Spilornis Cheela )

Harshad Barve
06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Dear All
Made this image at Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh, India with D300, 600MM/F4, ISO200 at F 6.3 1/50 secs, beanbag support.
widespread bird in India but unrecorded in NE & NW
All C & C welcome and appreciated

Harshad

Mital Patel
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
wish you could have get a ground level as the bg distracts a bit on the same tonal values of the bird.
little more room to the right would have been added benefit.

i know how difficult to get this on ground so no comments on that as in raptors photography it is been really hard in india to get them in good perch and giving a gr8 bg and light so this is all the way a beautiful capture to me.

Dave Leroy
06-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Lovely looking photo Harshad with lots of very fine detail. My taste would be for a bit of a crop off the top. Great ha abd eye contact. Well done. Dave

Stu Bowie
06-11-2009, 05:16 AM
Harshad, this is pin sharp, showing great feather detail. Lovely head angle too. I agree with Mital that the BG conflicts with the eagle, but not often you see raptors on the ground. I would maybe take a bit off the left, and add to the right.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-11-2009, 07:01 AM
I like the pose, soft light and details and would crop a bit off the top to remove the black areas and put the bird further to the left in the frame.