PDA

View Full Version : Front, Back and Side View

John Lowin
06-10-2009, 05:35 PM
This is another specie orchid from my collection. These small blossoms have chartreuse sepals, yellow petals, with a butter yellow lip. The blossoms bloom in profusion on erect spikes. This is a delightful miniature Lycaste. Image created on my breakfast room table by window light. White card used for bounce (natural light) fill. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

f/25 .80s ISO 640
Canon 1D MkII
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Gitzo CF 1228 tripod
Arca Swiss B1 Ball Head

Fabs Forns
06-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Superb presentation, soft light, fine composition and beautiful orchid!

Charles Wesley
06-10-2009, 07:22 PM
John,

You know I like this orchid. As Fabs says its a nice presentation and yellows are a difficult color to capture...

Julie Kenward
06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Another beauty - you sure can tell you are passionate about these flowers because you really capture them so well.

Only thought I have is that you might tone down the flash marks a little bit on the pointed leaves. I like them as is but they do pull my eye down a bit from the flowers.

Great job on the yellows...and superb comp!

Anita Bower
06-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Beautiful flowers and photo. Love the composition and detail. Only wish the BG were a more pleasing color.

Don Berendsen
06-12-2009, 12:09 AM
A very sensuous and lovely image, you've really showed the beauty of these orchids. The lighting and composition work very well. Thanks for sharing this image, it communicates well your appreciation of their beauty.