PDA

View Full Version : Curves

massimomossi
06-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Hello,

Have not posted in a while--had major camera-to-computer issues, and was out of commission. Am now back up and running.

Here is a new picture--hope you like it!

Olympus SP-570UZ; ISO 64, 9.77 mm zoom; f8, 1/13 sec. Minimal cropping, cleaning up in PSE7; increased clarity, noise reduction.

Thanks for looking,
Massimo

Dave Leroy
06-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Very interesting shot Massimo. I like your idea about the naturally occurring curves. It seems to me a crop just below the bottom horizontal leave would place more emphasis on the in focus parts. It will be interesting to see other comments. Very nice. Dave

Don Berendsen
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Very nice shot Massimo, the lighting is very attractive and the simple background works very well. Like Dave, I like the idea of the natural curves and feel that cropping could help.

To me, the large leaf in the lower left doesn't have and attractive shape like the other elements and although it occupies a lot of space, is doesn't contribute the curve concept or overall composition. Also I think the straight sides of the picture could be used more effectively to emphasize the curves and provide more interesting negative spaces. Below is a version that is rotated and cropped that hopefully illustrates these ideas. I apologize for the rather crude cloning.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1210/curves2.jpg

Thanks for sharing your work!

massimomossi
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your comments, and the repost--really nice!

Massimo

Mike Moats
06-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Hey Massimo, I think I like the image as you have presnted it. The flow and lines work for me. My only suggestion would be to add a little fill light.

Julie Kenward
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Really nice eye on this, Massimo! I, too, like the simple BG and the lines of the image. I like both versions for different reasons; they both work for me.

I also agree with Mike...a little fill light would add to this and bring up the dark tones a little. I'd also encourage you to clone over the two white spots on the middle green leaf towards the bottom and maybe clean up the rough areas on the main leaf towards the top - they tend to break my eye from following the flow of your curves.

Glad to see you're back...I wondered where you had gone to!

Anita Bower
06-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome back. Wonderful curves in this image! I like the simple colors.