PDA

View Full Version : lava fields Lanzarote

Valerio Tarone
06-09-2009, 10:54 AM
The lava fields are,perhaps, not a nice subject. i choose only few of them. This,is concentrated on colors.
zoom 70-210 at 90mm f9 1/125 late afernoon in Nikon capture: Histogram, boost of saturation, contrast..point neutral...
unluckily, a guardian had been disturbing me...(It seems normal for to photo nature,but not for the N.Park).

Roman Kurywczak
06-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Valerio,
I find lava field very interesting but feel you may have gone a bit wide. I don't like the sign?...on the bottom left and some of the other elements seem a bit distracting also. I am not usre this is an accurate representation of what you saw....but I felt it needed a bit more color and puch. I used Robert's LCE of 30/60/0 as well as a crop and a bit of a levels adjustment. I think it would have been preferable if you zoomed in a bit tighter and concentrated on some areas. Let me know what you think.

Julie Kenward
06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I agree with Roman's closer repost - getting any a bit closer and finding the elements that really add to the image is the way to go here. I like the boost he gave it as well although I'm sure that's personal preference on my part - I like those high contrast images.

Valerio Tarone
06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you both Roman and Julie, Thr picture was thought and shot in 5-6 seconds because disturbed by the guardian telling is not allowed to photo..! odd things, specially for a nice country as Spain is. I had reminded: 1.to have an anchorpoint on a side 2,play on colors, shadows, lines.. .well or not? I see you have boosted the contrast and colors more as had done before. Well.