Michael Pancier
06-09-2009, 08:34 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/3609840229_f32dcde9f0_o.jpg

3 image HDR from Arches - Balanced Rock

5d mark II
24-105L
@ 28mm
ISO 200
f/22 (this is what exif is reading...dunno why I would have had it set at this stop?)

should I crop the foreground further? totally eliminate human elements?

Robert Amoruso
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Michael,

I am OK with the FG but would crop some of the blue sky - even into a pano. The distant BG mountains and clouds look unnatural to me. Do you have one exposure that has this area exposed correctly. If so you could copy that in as a layer and conceal the remainder of the layer. Light on the rocks looks awesome.

thijs broekkamp
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
It's a nice landscape. Beautifull light, some nice rocks. But i don't know what the main subject is, i keep seeking over the picture. I definitly would picked the rock's on the right, with that rock on the other, balancing.

Roman Kurywczak
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Hey Michael,
My favorite place.....and having been there the colors are right on!.....yeah Robert......the LaSal's get that cool color glow some times!....I agree on the top crop to pano.....and may even take a bit off bottom(top of signature)....this makes a very stong pano and a very nice image of this area. I know the road signs are there....but I would at least clone out the posts.....but that is personal choice.

Julie Kenward
06-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Love the lighting on the rocks but agree that the clouds have got something funky going on. I like the bottom of the frame but could also go with that whole front area being chopped off into a pano as well.

Did you by any chance take some images where the rocks ran more horizontally across the image than back?

Danny Laredo
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Lovely colors and image. I too would crop a bit off the sky.

Ed Cordes
06-13-2009, 06:40 PM
A lot going on here. I wonder if it is too much as My eye wanders and doesn't settle. The sky colors look a bit funky on my monitor.