PDA

View Full Version : It Seems

denise ippolito
06-09-2009, 07:16 AM
This is my first post here and I gotta tell you I'm shaking. I never shared a poem that I've written with anyone other than my sister. I wrote this after 9-11. I'm sure it can use some cleaning -up. (I left the image with a haze- on purpose)

It seems impossible to imagine beauty in the world could exist
I know I've felt such beauty in the past but will it ever come back to me?
I don't know, as the days are empty and my heart is broken like never before.
His soul touches me and for a brief second I smile but it fades.
It seems impossible to imagine a world without him, though I know it exists.
I muddle through that world everyday. It's unbearable, although I know somehow the strength will come.
It has to.
And then almost without notice a light will flicker.
Perhaps it will never shine, but it will come.
And what we do with that light will be up to each of us.
Alone and with sadness we will wake to find the beauty in the world once again.

Lance Warley
06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
You do a great job of conveying the intensity of your feelings, Denise, especially the stark bleakness. And then you mange to end on an uplifting note of hope. Somber, realistic, but nevertheless uplifting.

This is a very powerful, very personal piece. Strong work. Thanks, Denise.

One nit: I would make "And then almost without notice a light will flicker perhaps it will never shine, but it will come." into two sentences, with a period after "flicker."

denise ippolito
06-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Lance, Thankyou for your kind words. I wanted to contribute to this forum as I've enjoyed so many of the posts. I made the change,Thankyou.

Dave Mills
06-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Denise..a very moving poem that I read not once but 3 times. I feel despondance, loss and then hope. Truly well written and thanks for sharing it...

denise ippolito
06-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Dave, Your kind words mean alot. Thankyou.

Kerry Perkins
06-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Denise, it takes great courage to bare your soul in a public forum. My hat is off to you... Beautifully done.

denise ippolito
06-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Kerry, Thankyou for the support.It means alot.

Julie Kenward
06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Denise, I'm so glad you shared that this happened after 9/11...it gave the image and the poem even more meaning. The bird falling upside down with the other looking on...so moving. So moving.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-22-2009, 11:33 PM
This is very moving Denise. Very moving indeed. THanks for being brave. Nothing wrong with bearing your soul to the world. :)

denise ippolito
06-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks Akos!!:)

Roman Kurywczak
07-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Denise,
I haven't been here in a while and I began reading through.....top down.....and was going to respond at your latest.....but this is whoa!!! The feeling and emotion is incredible......the image surreal and appropriate. You have captured the moment and feeling perfectly. I remember when I posted my first one here......not the easiest thing to do. Thanks for being brave and sharing....great work!