View Full Version : Chill it out

Harshad Barve
06-09-2009, 06:55 AM
Dear All

Taken in Kargil dist which is second coldest place in world after Siberia
Temp may go down to -40 deg cel here
Nikon D40X/f10/18-55MM Nikor at 18mm at ISO 100
C & C most welcome
I hope you all will love these Himalayan beautiful landscapes from my beautiful country

Harshad

Roman Kurywczak
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi Harshad,
I love the mountains and even though I prefer cold over warm.....still even cold for me! I like the diagonal line of the mountain range and the exposure looks pretty good. A few suggestions to explore are cropping out the tree on the left entirely and taking a bit off the bottom(small protrusions on right and then some off the top to keep the 2/3 proportions. This will further strengthen the comp IMO and just make a bit of improvememnt. Just FYI.....you have a dust bunny on the left.....which will be removed with the crop.....so check the sensor. I would beinterested to know if you could get in front of the tree grouping....as that may have even further strengthened the comp even more. Let me know!

Mark Fuge
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree with Roman on the crop. I had the same problem with the tree on the left.

-40 C is the same as -40 F, per the calculator I used. That is the bottom area of where I come from as well. Not common, but -50 F is known to happen, when the sun stays away for a few days in January!

Like the photo, but not the weather. That's why we're in the sunshine state now, gettting ready to dodge the incoming hurricanes!!

Julie Kenward
06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, definitely crop that left tree - and are those partial rocks at the bottom of the frame? I'd lose those as well.

Beautiful exposure on the snow/mountaintops. I find myself wishing you were further back so I could see the foreground leading up to these majestic beauties.