PDA

View Full Version : Prothonotary Warbler

Seetharam
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM
http://www.pbase.com/naturephotographer/image/91021704/original.jpg

Central Ohio

Canon EOS 5D, Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM, Canon Extender 1.4 II 1/500s f/8.0 at 840.0mm iso800

I was going thru my 2007 collection and found this is not posted anywhere. Hope you like it.

Fabs Forns
01-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Hi Ram,

This is enough to make me green with envy, great framing, great background.
Your compositional eye is evident here.

Red carpet welcome!!!

Glenn Bartley
01-01-2008, 10:45 PM
This is a very beautiful image. I love how he fits perfectly within the perch. Well done and welcome aboard!

James Salywoda
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Beautiful Comp. Seeth!!! I love how the warbler is framed and the singing pose is outstanding...

Axel Hildebrandt
01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
Welcome, Seetharam. Great singing pose, setting and exposure control.

Chris Davidson
01-02-2008, 02:29 AM
Beautiful image Seeth! Love how the tree frames the warbler. The little splash of red in one of the leaves adds a real nice touch to the comp.

Arthur Morris
01-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Hi Seeth, Stunning. Great job on the exposure and the basic compositiopn. Keep posting images this good and we may have to ban you for life. I love this for all of the reasons noted above but do have one suggestion (assuming that the bird sang frorm the same perch for more than a few seconds..) If you could have gotten just a bit higher (this can be done quickly by pulling in the tripod legs a few inches), you could have given a bit more separation between the bill and the leaf above the bird's head..

Please include the location where the photo was made. Please confirm that no flash was used. Also, did you use a tape of the song to bring the bird in?

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 06:40 AM
This is absolutely gorgeous. The colors and details are wonderful. I wish the bird's beak was not touching the leaf in the BG but that's it for this one. Excellent work!

Gyorgy Szimuly
01-02-2008, 07:25 AM
Gorgeous colors and nice contrast between the bird and the bg.
Love singing pose. I was thinking if there is enough room above the bill but nice as is.
Szimi

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Wonderful to see you here Seetharam! I really like everything about this shot. Only nit I could see is, I wish for a little more DOF for his tail feathers.

Matthew Studebaker
01-02-2008, 11:08 PM
So glad you got this one Seetharam. I love it!

Seetharam
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi Seeth, Stunning. Great job on the exposure and the basic compositiopn. Keep posting images this good and we may have to ban you for life. I love this for all of the reasons noted above but do have one suggestion (assuming that the bird sang frorm the same perch for more than a few seconds..) If you could have gotten just a bit higher (this can be done quickly by pulling in the tripod legs a few inches), you could have given a bit more separation between the bill and the leaf above the bird's head..

Please include the location where the photo was made. Please confirm that no flash was used. Also, did you use a tape of the song to bring the bird in?

Thank you for suggestions Artie.

That image was made at Hoover Reservoir watershed in Westerville.

A touch of fill flash was used to add a catch light. Also bird call was used carefully to attract the bird onto the perch (Thanks to Matthew Studebaker for showing me how to use recordings carefully).