PDA

View Full Version : Flamingos

Lorant Voros
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6499/090525riolagartos1399ma.jpg

On our honeymoon we went to see the flamingos. There were about 15 000 of them....hard to give the impression back on a picture.Hope you like it though.

Many thanks to Pecas and Vicente from RIO LAGARTOS GUIDED ECOTOURS.

1DMKIII
500mm f:4 +1.4TC
ISO 400
f:11
1/800
tripod

Axel Hildebrandt
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Must be impressive to see so many birds at once. I might crop a bit off the top, run NR on the BG, decrease the red saturation and remove the one lost bill on the right side. Does it need a bit CW rotation?

Chris van Rooyen
06-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Impressive, looking forward to more posts of this event! Axel's suggestions are good.

Stephen Earle
06-08-2009, 06:57 AM
For me the composition works. I agree on the desaturation though. Lovely photograph.

Juan Aragonés
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Superb job Lorant. Colors works fine (this species has a really intense dark pink) to me and I love the composition with the flamingoes against the dark BG of the sky. The white spots in the foreground looks like stones but I am wondering if they are eggs. I agree with Axel about croping a bit from the top and cloning out the bill of the flamingo at the right side of the frame. Can´t wait to see more from your trip.

Lorant Voros
06-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions, guys. I posted this image last night. I just landed in Europe and I couldn't sleep, though I was tired and I overlooked some of the things such as cloning out the bill on the right.
I think the colors are pretty much what I saw there. At least it looks good on lmy screen. The rizing sun make them look even more intense. I will try to crop from the top and I agree it can use some rotation as well. Juan; the white "things" are eggs. I didn't go too close for not to disturb them, but I was already surprised how many eggs were left alone. In any case, it was a fantastic view and great experience to be there. I will be going back to this place many times in the future...maybe someday one of you will want to come along too...would be great.

Thanks again and I will be posting more photos from the trip.

Juan Aragonés
06-09-2009, 05:39 AM
Lorant, thank you for the additional information. I couldn´t belive that those white "stones" are eggs. Amazing. In Spain flamingos built a nest with the shape of a vulcan but it seems that the caribbean species built no nest or perhaps that eggs are abandoned (?). I agree with you about the color in this species. Keep them coming