PDA

View Full Version : Near Sedona, AZ

Vince Pack
01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
This is my first attempt at b&w conversion. Taken from the east side of Bell Rock, I used Adobe LightRoom's "Channels" and made slight adjustments with the color sliders. I used the Tokina 10-17 fisheye zoom at 10mm.

I'm very excited about this new website. Looking forward to it's further development!

http://imaginature.zenfolio.com/img/v3/p477727675-4.jpg

Robert Amoruso
01-02-2008, 05:29 AM
I am not sure the problem here but I cannot get this image to show up.

Maxis Gamez
01-02-2008, 06:36 AM
Hello and welcome to BPN.

The sky is very dramatic on this image. One thing I would do is to crop the right side of the frame, eliminating the edge of the mountain. The rest works for me!

Robert Amoruso
01-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Welcome Vince. Now I can see the image.

Good choice for a B&W conversion; big puffy clouds and good tonal separation. I would agree with Maxis' suggestion on the cropping. Though not a nit, try correcting for the fisheye distortion. Might give you a whole new look.

Vince Pack
01-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks, I'll look at a few different crop ideas tonight. Even though asymetric, my original thought was that there was a "framing" effect, but the more I look at it, the more I agree with your suggestions. As far as de-fishing the image, I don't have Photoshop, so none of the software options I'm aware of will work. The exception, I guess, is DXo, but it's a little pricey considering I still need Photoshop :o I'm also more than a little intrigued with the hdr images I've seen as of late. I guess a copy of Photomatix is on the short list for software, too.
Thanks again!