PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for your prince?

Cheryl Flory
06-06-2009, 05:41 PM
then how about a kiss??? You just never know!

Ok, Ok, its not a great BPN image. But it made me laugh. hope you enjoy it too.

Canon 40D
Tamron 17-50

1/250"
F8
ISO 400
EV 0.0
17mm

For this shot I had to lay across the little bog, use the remote, and just stretch my arm out to get the camera as close as possible, keeping an eye on which focus point was activated and where. From what I read, these frogs do not have keen eyesight for details, but they certainly do for movement! Made for some hilarious/frustrating/mucky attempts to get a photo.

denise ippolito
06-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Cheryl, Your little prince is cute! I might lighten the left eye to match the right.The BG would be less distracting if you blurred it .Details look good.

Jackie Schuknecht
06-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Nice and sharp Cheryl, with good exposure. I don't mind the BG too much, just the one horizontal branch seems to be a bit distracting. Sounds like a fun shot:) Where was your focus point. You seem to have managed to get his whole face in sharp focus.

Cheryl Flory
06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Jackie, I was nearly focusing blind. I was having such a difficult time seeing the focus point, that it was all I could do to make sure the focus point was on the face! In this image, it turned out to be on the left side nostril. I agree that the horizontal branch is distracting, but I am not good enough at Photoshop to remove it.

Denise, I see your point about lightening the left side eye to match the right. Would you lighten that whole side of the face too?

Gus Cobos
06-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Hey Cheryl,
I like this little guy, I too would evict the horizontal branch on top...:cool:

Lance Peters
06-06-2009, 07:17 PM
another vote for the branch on top.
Good looking fellow :)

Alfred Forns
06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Can't stop laughing Cheryl !!!!!!

Would place froggy right in the center and blur the bg with focal point !!! Would look neat !!!

Gus Hallgren
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Hi Folks:

When I saw Froggy I thought of the gal who picked up a frog in Houston when gas was at its lowest. The Frog said, "Kiss me and I'll turn into a Prince Oilman" . . She put it in her purse and said to her girlfriend when she asked why she didn't kiss the frog . . . "A talking frog is worth a lot more than a Houston Oilman."

Anyway I liked Al's idea, however , I didn't know where the frog stopped & started, so first I extended the canvas to get him centered without losing too much of the BG, then with QM, I blurred the BG with Guassian Blur. Then with paintbrush, different low opacities I touched up everything, used QM about 4 times, curves, USM and then tried ressurect the frog by guess and by the seat of my pants. Then cropped to put Frog in center. Also first lightened dark eye as suggested by Dennis using QM before the major construction got started.

If nothing else it was a lot of fun, and hope you see it that way.

Uncle Gus aka Mad Artist

Gus Hallgren
06-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Here's Froggy after a bath in, Corel Painter 4 essentials andPaint Shop Pro X2

Keep smiling

UG

Cheryl Flory
06-07-2009, 07:32 AM
like this?

or more extreme?

Jeff Cashdollar
06-07-2009, 03:24 PM
With this subject impossible to have a bad picture, they all look good to me. Cherly, thanks for spreading the laughter & fun and thanks for sharing as well.