PDA

View Full Version : in flight

Rene Quenneville
06-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I caught this little fellow in flight a few weeks ago. Threr were a few branches in the background which I removes in PS. Is the framing ok with this type of shot? Please let me know your feedback. It is always appreciated.

1/1000 s
f/8
ISO 640
420 mm
fill flash

Doug Brown
06-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Tough to get these guys in flight! You got the eye sharp, and the wing blur works nicely. I would crop off the top and bottom and a little off the right. As presented the bird is too centered in the frame for my taste Rene.

Juan Aragonés
06-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Good advice by Doug. I only think about one tthing to improve the composition and it is decentering the bird just a bit in the way Doug suggested. The BG is very pleasnat and I like the soft light that produced very few shadows. The bird is a bit soft and some noise is present but it is not a drawback in my opinion. I am sure that it is not easy to get this guy in flight and I like the image a lot. Well done

Desmond Chan
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Just want to add perhaps the brightness of the yellow of the crown area could be tuned down a bit, too.

Great capture !

Stu Bowie
06-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Great head on shot, and love the posture. Sharp where it counts, with well exposed yellows. Dougs comp suggestion will work, basically turning this into a vertical crop, with less space on the right.

Steve Canuel
06-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Can't say I ever remembering seeing one of these in flight. I like the pose. The soft light through the wings goes well with the overall softness of the image. I'd crop a little off the top and a bit less off the right if it were mine. I'd also remove the shadow of the beak from the wing as the sharp line it creates stands out too much against the overall soft feel of the image.

Kobus Tollig
06-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Looks a bit soft but still nice. Good looking bird well done