PDA

View Full Version : Backlit pear

Todd Frost
06-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for fruit but sure its not avian or wildlife so here it is.
D2H, 400 2.8, 1/350, f5, iso400. Also applied a little soft focus to the pear.

Thanks for looking, comments and critiques appreciated.
Todd

Alfred Forns
06-05-2009, 08:13 PM
... and here its well received !!!! ... we do fruits !! :)

I like the framing and bg very much
Back light a bit strong and wish you cold have tamed down I know it would have needed some fill light for the fruit Do like it a lot as presented Different and works !!!!

.... would try filling in the stronger reflections up top !!!

Fabs Forns
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I like the idea very much but for the harsh ight that blew the rim light. I like Al's idea of underexposing some and using fill flash.

Steve Maxson
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I like the idea here, Todd, and the pear is nicely positioned in the frame, but I think the image would be much stronger if you could have positioned yourself such that the backlight created a true rim light just around the edge of the pear. As presented, the white edge is too wide and is distracting - IMO. :) Some fill flash, as suggested above, may have also helped.

Gordon Craig
06-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Great composition. I never would have thought about using a pear as subject matter. I don't mind the light however I would have cropped out the leaves at the bottom.

Julie Kenward
06-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Todd! I like the idea of fruit and have done a few images of wild persimmons I found in a nearby wooded area. I like your soft focus but do think fill flash would have really improved the front of the pear giving it more detail - even if you wished to do a soft focus afterwards you still would have had the option to leave some of the detail in.

I like the abstract quality of the leaves / lighting at the top but would have eliminated all of it at the bottom, letting the fruit take center stage. Looking forward to more fruit...bring it on!