PDA

View Full Version : Doubts....

José Rodríguez
06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
I processed this one a year ago. It seems I made a BW conversion and then a HDR process. I really don't know what to think about it. Sometimes I think it's a strong composition with IQ flaws, some other times I believe it's an awful blurry image. So what do you think?

thijs broekkamp
06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
It's a real orginal idea, composition, but it might be better if you see the front of the skull. And i think i would like to see a colourd version well!

Paul Marcellini
06-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I too would prefer to see the face of the skull. The processing looks like an hdr. I wouldn't mind seeing the straight bw. I might try dodging/burning to add some separation to the layers of the hills and other elements as they tend to get lost right now. Besides the position of the skull, I think this comp works well, I might have taken a step right to juxtapose the skull and peak more diagonally.

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi Jose,
I agree with Paul here.....I think a bit more tweaking with the dodgong/burning will further emphasize the layers. I agree about the skull.....but it is still nicely done!

Ed Cordes
06-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Diagnol lines in the comp are nice. Agree RE the skull.

Jeffrey Sipress
06-07-2009, 12:29 PM
The image comp is pleasing. It may be a bit over-processed and high on the contrast. I like the profile view of the skull, with the prominent jaw and wonderful curved horn.

José Rodríguez
06-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank for your comments. I have to agree about the overprocessing and the issues about the skull position! I will try other processings in similar shots in my files :-)

Robert Amoruso
06-09-2009, 05:51 AM
I agree with Paul on moving. That is the first thing I thought of when I look at the image as the skull and peak lie in the same vertical middle plane of the image - makes for a rather static composition.