PDA

View Full Version : Chamomile

Anita Bower
06-05-2009, 06:07 AM
These reseed themselves all over my garden. I let them be as they are so lovely.

Nikon D300, tripod, Sigma 105 mm macro lens, f14*, 1/25 sec., ISO 200, Patttern metering, Manual exposure, auto WB, natural light. PP: Elements 7 and PS7, some cloning in BG and to eliminate leaves that went out of the frame (not sure how well I did this--I was inspired by Jules), Noise Reduction: Neat Image demo.
*(A few words about the EXIF data. My new camera and macro lens record the relative or effective f stop, not the one seen on the lens. For an explanation of this, go to the next to the last question at this site: http://www.jeffree.co.uk/pages/macro-faqs.html (http://www.jeffree.co.uk/pages/macro-faqs.html) ).<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Julie Kenward
06-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Beautiful, Anita! The BG is splendid...I'm hard pressed to see any evidence of cloning and wouldn't have guessed it had you not fessed up.

The image feels nice in the frame - maybe a tiny bit more at the top but no biggie. I really like that you found a natural place to cut it off at the bottom - leaves and stems are either "in" or they're "out." Nice work!

Anita Bower
06-05-2009, 07:35 AM
Jules: If you can't see obvious evidence of cloning, I'm thrilled!!!! My original image has more space at the top. I was undecided about the crop, so maybe I'll go back to the original.

Thanks so much.

Roman Kurywczak
06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Anita,
Nice job capturing the plant and that BG is super! Like a Monet painting! at f14 had to be pretty distant as it is very nicely blurred. I like the way you handled the leaf edges too.....so nice job using Julie's advice! I would probably leave this as presented......unless the lavenders continue up.......because I really like it as presented. Very nicely done.

denise ippolito
06-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Anita, Nice PP work! BG colors are lovely. The image looks like a beautiful painting! Well done.

Alfred Forns
06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I like it a lot Anita The dof is just right to cover and good it does look !!! The bg is particularly sweet with the purplish tones Great feel !!!

Fabs Forns
06-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Very charming and colorful, a nice note card can be gotten from this one, Anita, well done!