PDA

View Full Version : Rebirth

Gordon Craig
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
The Memorial day challenge encouraged me to explore open aperture shooting some more. I took this shot of a flower on my back porch. It was shot with a Canon 5D, Cannon 100mm F2.8 lens. Exposure was 1/6 sec., F3.5, and an ISO of 100. No lens filter or tubes were used.

Julie Kenward
06-05-2009, 07:23 AM
I made another shallow aperture convert, did I? :D:):D

The colors and lighting in this are beautiful, Gordon. Compositionally, I think it could use a little bit more OOF petal at the bottom of the frame - it feels a little cut off at that angle. The rest of the image works very well and I trust we will be seeing more of these "in your face" images from you. This one is lovely!

Roman Kurywczak
06-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey Gordon,
After the MMDC I went back to familiar territory so I applaud your persistance......and it really paid off! I too wouldn't have minded a bit more on the bottom......but as i generally prefer tight crops.....I am OK with it as presented. Love the feel of peeking in you captured and my only recommendation is to tone down the brighter area in the LR corner. Very nicely done!

Alfred Forns
06-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Gordon Glad you are still at it !!! :)

Lovely flower, great tonality and sharp in the right place. Would also prefer a tighter crop !!!! Excellent !!!

Fabs Forns
06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I love the center of attention of the flower, but agree with Roman on toning the highlights on the upper left corner.