PDA

View Full Version : DayLily Up Close & Personal

Charles Wesley
06-04-2009, 03:14 PM
I like color as a subject. Here I found some daylilies in bloom on an island in a street down from our house.
Setup my tripod while watching for traffic. This could be a dangerous.

Canon 5D, Sigma 180mm AF APO EX DX f/ 3.5, Canon 12mm ET and tripod. My exposure was 1/125 sec. @ f/ 7.1
ISO 400.

Enjoy....
P.S. This may not be everyone's cup of tea

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2009, 07:39 PM
HI Charlie,
Gotta love the colors on this one and I even like some of the softness. I have the same response here as I had on Johns......I find since the stamen lead me to the right.....i want a bit more room there. I do like the left side......so maybe backing up (but not into traffic!!!) would have helped. maybe also going in a bit tighter and giving more focus to the right???......just a few thoughts for next time out! Be careful!

Joseph Martines
06-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Love the colors and love the subject of stamens.

Thanks for sharing.

Julie Kenward
06-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Beautiful daylily image...I can't wait for mid-June when they pop out around my area! You've got deeply saturated colors but nothing seems over the edge - great job! I also like that you got all the stamen inside the plant and all in focus - really great. Only suggestion if you want to get super picky would be to get them all in the yellow area of the center so they really pop against the BG.

I also want just a bit more image on the right...something to think about next time...and DO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!

Gordon Craig
06-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I love the capture of the stamen. A different angle focusing on the yellow could have potentially been very powerful.