PDA

View Full Version : Oops! Caught red-handed.

Steve Maxson
06-04-2009, 09:11 AM
This Eastern Chipmunk was photographed at a feeder setup in my yard. I like the expression on its face. 40D, 500 f/4, 1/160, f/7.1, ISO 400. Comments are welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Steve,
Nice pose and expression. The background is well diffused. The tail appear to have spikes in it. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Fabs Forns
06-04-2009, 01:26 PM
I like the "caught in the act" look in his face. Very nice as presented, with great soft BG.

Stu Bowie
06-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Busted... love the bewildered look, together with the tiny hands below the chin. Great capture Steve.

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Excellent capture Steve. I like the look too. I would be likely to crop a bit from above. Congrats! :)

Steve Canuel
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
With the hand position and look on his face, it does look like you caught him by surprise. Nice pose and creamy BG. He looks like he doesn't have a nose, is he an unusual specimen or is this normal for them?

Steve Maxson
06-05-2009, 01:24 PM
With the hand position and look on his face, it does look like you caught him by surprise. Nice pose and creamy BG. He looks like he doesn't have a nose, is he an unusual specimen or is this normal for them?
Hi Steve. I hadn't noticed the nose (or lack thereof) before so I checked some of my other images. Turns out the fleshy front of the nose is rather small on these guys and maybe points down a bit rather than straight ahead - so if the head isn't angled just right (as in this case), that part of the nose doesn't show. :)

Todd Frost
06-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Well titled. Nice bg, lets subject stand out well. Good composition. Maybe select the highlights and linear burn or multiply slightly.

Todd

Steve Canuel
06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Steve. I hadn't noticed the nose (or lack thereof) before so I checked some of my other images. Turns out the fleshy front of the nose is rather small on these guys and maybe points down a bit rather than straight ahead - so if the head isn't angled just right (as in this case), that part of the nose doesn't show. :)

Thanks for the info Steve. I thought it was something like that but enquiring minds want to know for sure.