PDA

View Full Version : cerque dos clikos Lanzarote

Valerio Tarone
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
this is one of the rare place where i found the possibility of long perspectives.
i waited 7 p.m. to avoid highlights in the sky.

zoom 17-35 at 24mm matrix aperture priority 1/250 -0,3EV

C&C welcome

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi Valerio,
Shadows do make landscapes interesting but you do have to be careful that they don't overpower or dominate it. In this case the strong foreground V and the right side of the rocks has a very strong shadow and minimizing it (not get rid of!)....by taking a few steps left if possible to make it smaller....would have helped. The light was very nice I just think you needed to move around a bit more for another angle.

Valerio Tarone
06-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Thank you Roman, i understand, yes. Tomorrow I'll post a second, similar photo. ...On the right were slippery stones! Yes,in Lanzarote the light is delightfull, warm in the afternoon-evening and seems to be an inspiration for artists.

Paul Marcellini
06-06-2009, 09:49 PM
I really like Roman's suggestion. This would make a nice bw too. I like the comp, just watch the shadows. A good thing to try is squinting your eyes at a comp. I reduces the detail and you see the blocks of lights and darks better. More the shape of each and it helps to see if something may overpower your scene.

Valerio Tarone
06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
I was wrong in the previous: left not right. Thank you Paul.

Robert Amoruso
06-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Roman's suggestion is right on and good one from Paul. I have read that before about squitting your eyes but never do it myself - I should try that.