PDA

View Full Version : Little Goose

fishercl
06-03-2009, 10:29 AM
This is my first attempt at linking to an image posted elsewhere, so I will apologize in advance if this doesn't come out right.

I am interested in suggestions regarding the blue/gray stripe through the middle of the image. It didn't bother me at first, but once I started reading through some critiques on this site, I started to think it would look better with the stripe removed. The first image is the original and the second is a very quick removal of the stripe. I will take more time with it if the consensus is that this is the way to go. *** EDIT - just read the guidelines and realize that only 1 image is allowed - the link to the original was removed - so please just give me your thoughts on the image shown below - Thanks ***

Thanks in advance for your help.

http://christinefisher.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p259708334-5.jpg

Christine
christinefisher.zenfolio.com

Tell Dickinson
06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Hi Christine, I vote for the image WITHOUT the blue/gray streak as it is off putting to me :) Its a very nice image though and I just love that tongue :)

As a matter of interest what is the blue/grey stripe ?

fishercl
06-03-2009, 10:39 AM
It is actually a road - I was squatting on the edge of the pond, the grass and geese in front of me, then the road, then more grass.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome to BPN, Christine! I fixed your post, please use the 'insert image' button above the text box to link to your image and post only one image per post so that the forum software can create a thumbnail.

I like the angle, details and light and would crop a bit off the top and wish for more head turn towards you. Keep them coming!

Steve Maxson
06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Excellent pose and sharpness, though I agree that a head turn a little more toward you would be better. Is this the "fixed" image?? - because I don't find anything objectionable about the background in this version although you might consider removing the darker band just at the very top of image. Keep them coming.

fishercl
06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks Steve - yes this is the fixed image - I had originally posted a before and after, which is against the forum guidelines (oops). I agree with the head turn, but at the moment I was unable to convince him to look a little more my way :)