PDA

View Full Version : Which bird to photograph when you are sad?

arash_hazeghi
06-03-2009, 03:12 AM
A weird question:eek:, but which bird makes you feel happy?

Tell Dickinson
06-03-2009, 03:18 AM
The Humble Mallard - they are SOOOOOOO funny and just hearing a 'quack' brightens my day :)

Octavio Campos Salles
06-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Oh... any photo of a Kinglet Calyptura would make me happy for the whole year, lol!

Now seriously, I like the Black-capped Donacobius or just about any owl (except the common Burrowing).

Marina Scarr
06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
I have never photographed or seen a chick that didn't make me smile. The problem is finding them. I find that when out in nature, it always elevates my mood regardless of whether I even see a bird.

Norman Beaulac
06-06-2009, 06:35 PM
They all make me smile but the biggest inner smile (If there is such a thing) generally comes from seeing a flock Canada Geese flying freely overhead..

Kerry Perkins
06-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Arash, the little sparrows that live in my back yard make me happy every day. They sing and chatter and dart about and make the day brighter by their existence. While small on the outside, they are big on the inside and have the courage to chase away raiding hawks and crows. When you hear non-birders talking about the "birds chirping away in my yard", they are usually talking about sparrows. :)

Michael Pancier
06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
There's only one bird that comes to mind as aptly put by the great American wordsmith, Hank Williams:

"Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves begin to die
That means hes lost the will to live
I'm so lonesome I could cry"

Mark Fuge
06-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Arash, the one that gets in front of my lens! ;)

Really ... Anytime I am out and the birds are cooperating, it makes my day. For to watch them fly free and soar through the air, just opens nature before my eyes and gives me a reason to be there.

Julie Kenward
06-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I love to see a whole feeder full of breeding plumage goldfinches...their bright colors and social behavior make my day!

Norm Dulak
06-16-2009, 08:17 AM
I love to see a whole feeder full of breeding plumage goldfinches...their bright colors and social behavior make my day!

Goldfinches are an excellent choice. But my vote goes to the mockingbird. Although mockingbirds lack colorful plumage, when they are engaged in song, they brighten the gloomiest day.

Norm Dulak

Paul Kusmin
06-22-2009, 11:02 PM
The first Yellow-rumped warbler of the year, then I know spring is near : )

Ákos Lumnitzer
06-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Seriously? The very next one I get to photograph! :)

As Marina says, and rightly so, being out there, experiencing the wilderness is what makes me happy. The birds are my icing on my big cake. Not that my butt needs any more of those! LOL!