PDA

View Full Version : dancing with the stars

stuart wanuck
06-02-2009, 07:13 PM
photo made at ft desoto
nikon d 300 600 mm lens 5.6 manual 1200

Daniel Cadieux
06-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I thought I had seen this one before! See here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33489

You've upped the saturation on this version...a little too much though. See comments on previous version as they apply here again :-)

Ramon M. Casares
06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
It does look oversaturated, But I like the pose, comp, detail and light. Congratulations.

Andy MacDougall
06-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't mind the saturation but I would like you to level the "horizon" ie. the lines in the surf between colours as I find it really distracting and maybe crop a little off the forground deeper blue water.

The bird and it's pose are very nice. Is it running from predation do you think ? I have seen black necked storks here doing similar in freshwater when the big eels swim near them.

Andy

Steve Leach
06-03-2009, 08:52 AM
The Reddish at Ft DeSoto are a blast to watch and photo when they are in the mood to run, dance and fish.
This one looks like he is in that mood.
Not seeing the previous post I might be repeating, sorry..
I would straighten the tilt here, Even though it does change the angle of the Egret, that tilt on the beach is too far to the unnatural side for a DeSoto landscape.
Even though its a nice wing position, I think waiting just a hair longer would have gotten you a very nice head and eye position to match it. Looks like the eyes and face are a touch oof, so a bit of sharpening there may be needed.
Fun shot, I could fire off a card just on these guys fishing, dancing and running around DeSoto.