PDA

View Full Version : Charleston, S.C. photo ops

Mike Lentz
06-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello.
I am taking the family on a summer vacation to Isle of Palms near Charleston, S.C. coming up and was wondering if anybody on this forum knows of good locations for shooting birds/shorebirds or even landscapes like lighthouses in the general area. Thanks in advance for any information provided. :)

Mike Lentz
06-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Looks like not many people have info on this area. Good thing for the internet I guess.

Judd Patterson
06-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Sure wish I could help Mike. I did find a page for the Charleston Audubon Society that might have some ogod information on bird locations: http://www.charlestonaudubon.org/birding.html

Let us know what you find up there on your vacation!

Harold Davis
06-09-2009, 06:46 PM
mike, i lived in the area years ago. i'd have to say for shorebirding folly beach should be a decent spot. not nearly as much development as the charleston/isle of palms area. if you play golf, dont miss Wild Dunes. might be my favorite!!!

Mike Lentz
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks Judd and Harold. I ended up doing some internet searches and came away with a few idea's. I appreciate that link, I hadn't seen it.
Harold, Folly Beach is on my list to hit. Thanks again guys! :)

ChasMcRae
06-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I would look at Carolina Birds forum and especially posts by Nate Dias for the area.
Im a little too far away to help and the swamp bird photography is flooded out now.
Chas.
Have a great vacation and enjoy the food and beer(wine) and remember you are on VACATION !

Jesse Ivan
06-23-2009, 07:55 AM
check Carolina nature photographers CNPA they have a great photo group covering all of the carolinas. I just got back from Middleton Place and they have some great rice impoundments along the ashley river and there is also magnolia plantation. both places are great for families and lots of birds and gators.

Mike Lentz
06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys! The vacation was good.... more beach and pool scene than camera/bird work.