PDA

View Full Version : The Gift

Lance Warley
06-02-2009, 02:42 PM
"It's time. Time to fly. Time to spread those wings and dance with the sky. Time to inherit our gift."
"I'm scared. Your wings are bigger than mine, stronger than mine. I-I-I don't know if I can do it."
"You don't have to know. You don't have to think. It's time. Time to fly."

Lance Warley
06-02-2009, 02:47 PM
A few minutes later, the young Tri flew across a small body of water to the boardwalk where I was standing. It didn't quite make it to the top rail of the fence, but it did make it, and then poked its head through two of the lower rails.

Lance Warley
06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
It walked around the boardwalk a bit and then hopped up to the top rail. Eventually it flew safely back to its nest.

A good day.

Dave Mills
06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Lance, You expressed a juveniles apprehension so well. I enjoyed the writing and the photos.
I've seen birds fledge before and you always see that nervous excitement and apprehension before they finally step off...

Fabs Forns
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Very emotional description of a birds first flight that can be compared to a child's first few steps. Very beautiful, Monsieur.

Julie Kenward
06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I'm just floored, Lance. The first one got me all choked up and then when I scrolled down and saw his head peeking out the boardwalk fence...I almost started crying! The photos are spectacular - all three of them - but that second one left me speechless.

denise ippolito
06-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Lance, I enjoyed the pictures and your expression of thoughts. Well done.

Jay Gould
06-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Love 'em all; my vote is for #1:

"Mom, can I, can I, is it time to fly yet?"