PDA

View Full Version : Clustered bellflower stamina

Jerry van Dijk
06-02-2009, 01:28 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/9s5u07.jpg
Hey there. I've been absent for a long time due to severe back problems. I wasn't even allowed to touch a computer... Feeling much better, I'm catching up on a load of processing work. In the mean time I'm also experimenting with posting images through an external website (not a member yet!). So if you don't see anything, it's probably my fault!

Two points of self criticism on this one: 1) too much shadow on the subject (should have used a reflector). 2) lots of purple fringing on the edge of the white and the purple. Is it possible to cope with this in PP? I'm guessing there's no chance of preventing it while shooting unless I buy a better camera.....
Other suggestions equally welcome!

Panasonic DMC-FZ18, Bilora Favorit tripod, 78 mm (468 mm SLR equivalent) with 4+ Suntec closeup lens. Manual focus. Pattern metering, ISO 100, F/7.1, 1/160 sec, -0.6 EC.
PP: Silkypix, adaptive unsharp, low key contrast, increased saturation.

Fabs Forns
06-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Besides the fringe you critiqued yourself, there a lot of noise in the BG. I like your composition and color palette.
Hope you are feeling in better health now :)

Julie Kenward
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree with Fabs...you really got an original composition here but the BG and the color fringe is detracting from it. Have you tried converting this to black and white? It might just work better that way.

Roman Kurywczak
06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Jerry,
Agree with above assesments but the color contrast is very nice.....if you have the opportunity I would explore this one some more!

Jerry van Dijk
06-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Thanks for all your comments. I'll guess it's back to "drawingboard" for me to get rid of the noise and the fringing. Any suggestions to deal with the fringing in PP are very welcome!