PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty Zebra's

Stu Bowie
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
From my recent trip to the Kruger National Park. This was taken from a hide, and a river ran below. We witnessed all kinds of animals coming down to drink.

Canon 50D
100-400 L IS USM @ 310mm
1/640
F/8
ISO 400

Exp comp +0.33
Hand Held

Fabs Forns
06-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Very nice scene, I like the loose framing, only wish the one ahead had a better angel. Very nice exposure and composition.

Marina Scarr
06-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi Stuart: Love the fact that you got all zebra in focus here. Love the environment and the action. It's amazing how different the stripes are from zebra to zebra, and I understand this his how they tell each other apart. I feel the HA on the front zebra works well in juxtaposition to the two on the left which are slightly turned toward you. I hope I have the opportunity someday to witness these type of scenes.

Steve Canuel
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi Stuart,
Nice job on the sharpness of this one. Not overdone but still good enough to see detail in the eyes. I like the appearance of the "gold" shadow stripes. One thing that kind of caught my eye is the shoreline at center top. The tiny bit that leads up and away also grabs my eye and takes it there too. A slight browser pano crop to eliminate that bit keeps me more focused on the zebras. Then again, it could just be me.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Stuart,
I agree with Steve regarding the shoreline at the centre top. However, I think cropping it would make the image a bit tight. Good dof. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi