PDA

View Full Version : Oriental White Eye

Harshad Barve
06-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Dear All
Made this image at Mohan, Near Ramnagar, with D300, 600MM VRII/F4, ISO 200, at F5.6
Widespred in Indian Subcontinent,unrecorded in NW , white eye ring, yellow low throat & whitish belly. Broadleaved forest & wood areas only.

C & C most welcome & apreciated.

Harshad

Bill Jobes
06-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Excellent capture of a fine specimen, Harshad.

I like the posture, head turn, and view of the small fruits that I presume attracted the bird.

You may wish to reduce the brightness of the leaf at the right, and perhaps the one at lower left, as well as the hot spots on the branch, to bring more balance to the very interesting colors you've presented.

Thanks for posting this most interesting example of a 'white eye' in its element.

Harshad Barve
06-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi Bill

Thanks for great suggation
Is this what you want me to do
I am not great in PP but will try to improve
Harshad

Bill Jobes
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks, Harshad ... to my eye, that's a significant improvement. :)

Daniel Cadieux
06-02-2009, 09:31 AM
The repost is definitely an improvement, but the light looks to have been harsh at the time of capture. Head angle could have been better, but with this body angle the neck would have been twisted too much for it to be looking our way in it's current direction - do you have any of this series with the head looking the other way (towards the left)?

Harshad Barve
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Daniel

I got only 2 frame of this skuller in same pose and he flew away
Light was very harsh , 1400Hrs and Summers of North India:)
Hope to make image of this one soon in better lights
Thanks
Harshad

Axel Hildebrandt
06-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Good-looking bird and the repost is an improvement. Adding to the other comments I would selectively sharpen the head a bit more.

Stu Bowie
06-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Harshad, I like the colours of the white eye, and your repost works well.