PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Canyon Hoodoos

John Lowin
06-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Took this image a few years ago. Bryce Canyon Hoodoos just seemed to glow. The most memorable moment here was when my wife's N90S, with 17-35mm, Gitzo and B1 slipped over the edge. Fortunately they only went down about six feet and stopped on a ledge. We were able to retrieve them. This is a scanned transparency so no exposure data is available. Hope you like my image. C and C welcome, I'm here to learn. - John

Hasselblad X-Pan
Hasselblad XPan f/4 45mm
Hasselblad Center Filter
Kodak E100 VS
hh

Roman Kurywczak
06-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Hey John,
Isn't the light bounce there simply amazing?!!! You know, I might boost the saturation a bit (yes, it is that red)....especially since you used VS.....my favorite!....I would have recommended a few steps left....to get Thor's hammer into the greenery.....or better yet.....onto the path lower a bit......you can get the base of Thor's in and not get the path on the left. This also eliminates the bottom protrusion. All in all this is nicely composed so just tweak it a bit in PP'ing some more.
PS Just took another peak.....maybe a pull back on the contrast or a bit more selectively? Color is very close.

John Lowin
06-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi Roman, Thanks for your comments. How does this repost look? - John

Hey John,
Isn't the light bounce there simply amazing?!!! You know, I might boost the saturation a bit (yes, it is that red)....especially since you used VS.....my favorite!....I would have recommended a few steps left....to get Thor's hammer into the greenery.....or better yet.....onto the path lower a bit......you can get the base of Thor's in and not get the path on the left. This also eliminates the bottom protrusion. All in all this is nicely composed so just tweak it a bit in PP'ing some more.
PS Just took another peak.....maybe a pull back on the contrast or a bit more selectively? Color is very close.

Roman Kurywczak
06-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Hmmmm....may have sent you in wrong direction as I think i prefer first more contrasty one! Sorry!

John Lowin
06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Banishment for life is the only answer!

Not to worry, I'm here to learn. To tell you the truth, I probably learn more from going the incorrect way than the alternative. Anyway experimentation is always a learning process. I appreciate you input, thanks. I like the first one better myself. - John

Ed Cordes
06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
I like the pano comp. The contrast in the first is better to my eye. I agree about a color saturation boost.

Robert Amoruso
06-09-2009, 06:05 AM
John,

I would go with contrast in the first one and more saturation, even more then the second and see how that looks.