PDA

View Full Version : White Boomerangs???

Arthur Morris
02-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Early morning at Alafia Banks with James the Spoonbill Guy aboard the Hooptie. White Ibises roosting in the mangroves, just sitting in the trees. Canon 20-200 f/4L IS lens hand held at 200mm. ISO 400. Evaluative metering off the white pre-dawn sky set manually: 1/25 sec. at f/4.

I tried shaking the camera back and forth a few times and came up with this, the flying white boomerangs.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome. later and love, artie

Alfred Forns
02-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Don't know what to make of it !!!! It is one strange image Never seen one like it I guess I would like just a hint that they are birds? On its own it does look like a herd of boomerangs

This type images must work well with colorful subjects Big Congrats on the original !!!!

Paul Marcellini
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I've been curious to do this myself some but never remember. The different blurs I have seen that work best to me have some hint of what it is. Maybe a tad less shake. I look forward to to continued efforts.

James Shadle
02-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Artie,
I am a blur fan. As a general rule, I like to be able to ID the species that is blurred.
In this case the shapes you created works for me just as well.
I would prefer that the background be solid green without the white sky.
James

Fabs Forns
02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
This super cool!! They look like little arrows pointing to the right, where the Spoons must be :)

I don't mind the sly, it serves me as reference to what they are.

Kenn Christensen
02-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I think due to the exceptionally abstract way it is presented that it works on its own comp.. I like the contrast of the sky vs trees.. and the boomerangs are cool.. I like the soft echo of them in green apparently from the trees.. I think maybe playing with the contrast in green to enhance that might be interesting... but carefully so as to not upset the balance of the shot.. though I really think the white boomerangs are going to rivet the eyes and the soft greens just provide a resonant bg...
(ok.. sure.. my degree IS a BS... why do you ask? lol)

Robert Amoruso
02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I think I would like to see more contrast here.