PDA

View Full Version : Theme - Flipped - Spooner

Mark Fuge
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
This is another mutation of a popular species, the spoonbill that was somehow crossed with a small breed of elephant, from the looks of the ears. :confused:

Hope you like the eye contact on this one! ;)

Kind of a alian version, don't you agree! :eek: :D

Paul Lagasi
06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
To me it looks like a bald Proboscis Monkey with a super long nose....very well done..like it

Dave Phillips
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
another true FugeFlip....great color and symmetry.
Still a bit of misalignment....if you have your flip piece as a selection, you can
likely micro align with the arrow keys on your keyboard

denise ippolito
06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Mark, I like the long vertical framing!! Did you draw the smiley face on the bill? Or was that just a bonus!!Cool!!
\Ditto misalignment

Mark Fuge
06-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry, Dave and Denise, but I have to disagree with you on the alignment. :confused:

Yes, the spheres of the top of the head are slightly offset, as they may be in a normal skull of an ET. But if you look at the bill pattern, the intersection points are aligned. The skull is also affected by the angle I chose to cut the head.

I personally felt, when I saw the image merged, that the offset at that point was interesting, given the ET nature of the creature. I was going to clone it closed, but didn't feel it departed from the image theme. The rest of the creature required no cloning at the "match" line, as I felt it came together nicely. (See attached blowup)

No problem, just wanted to explain what is there, beyond the maybe presumed obvious. ;)

Thanks for the alignment tip though. I could use that from time to time so will check on a future one.

The smiley was a bonus! I didn't know if anyone would catch it! ;) :D