PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Member Images for Editing

Anita Rakestraw
02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
I am wondering how members feel about other members downloading and reposting their images to illustrate editing changes....on other sites I've been on, some people feel pretty strongly about this. Some sites provide a checkbox that can be checked to reflect whether a person wants to allow this or not ....It is okay with me personally but I've hesitated to do it with others' images as I don't know how they will feel about it. Of course, we could email them and ask, or ask in the forum....but there mgiht be a more efficient approach....?

Jim Poor
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I think that sort of thing is pretty much what this site revolves around. It is all about learning and helping one another learn. I was initially hesitant, but now if I think I can help I do. I suppose someone could add a "Please don't edit my images" line to their signature, but it might get missed.

As for my images being downloaded for helpful advice, I'm all for it.

Alfred Forns
02-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi Anita

Good question When we set up the site we felt strong regarding learning tools Can't think of a better one than reworking an image Lots to learn form some

If you look a BPN Guideline number 6 (will post below) it will clear I know in other sites it is a problem and have seen nasty situations arising We are all about advancing our skills !!!!

By posting images to BPN you give the BPN staff, users and members permission to download and modify any image submitted for critiquing. The sole purpose for downloading an image is so that it can be modified for instructional purposes only and then be reposted in the original thread. The photographer is the copyright owner and retains all rights. Modified images may not be used for any purpose other than for instructional use at BPN.

Anita Rakestraw
02-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks, Al, I should have reviewed that, glad to be reminded!