Date: 12/15/08
Model: NIKON D300
Lens (mm): 550
ISO: 800
Aperture: 8
Shutter: 1/500

Kaushik Balakumar
06-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Am not so sure if I like this image so much Fabs. Don't think the composition is so strong (or special). The 3 trees on the left are crammed up to one side & I feel the image lacks some balance (with some random empty spaces to the right half of the image). The sharpness does'nt look too good either.
Just my thoughts...

Paul Marcellini
06-01-2009, 08:56 PM
It does look like it needs another round of sharpening for web but I really like it. The muted color scheme, the comp works, with the one on the right balancing to my eye.

Roman Kurywczak
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Fabs,
I was trying to figure out a way to verbalize why I like this image a lot as part of me was looking for that strong focal point.....so I wanted to list the strenghts. Very nice depth and tones of the trunks of the aspen and I am with Paul on this one....the right one balnces the left group nicely. I find the muted one between the group is what probably making this image particularily strong because when I envision this without it.....it is not nearly as powerful. I agree with the bit of extra sharpening but find all the tones and composition very appealing. This is not an easy one to pull off......so you did a very nice job!